Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We got GREAT news today!!!!!!!


I was torn and kept going back and forth if I should post about this...but I decided that I would.

After we had our miscarriage in May, I had a D and C done. A few days later we got a call from Dr. G and she said that some of the test results came back abnormal. I had a Partial molar pregnancy. The placenta grows abnormally into molar tissue. The fetal tissue that develops is likely to have severe defects. Due to this complication we were told that we had to wait 6 months before we could start trying again. For the past 7 months I have had weekly then monthly lab draws to check my HGC level. Human chorionic gonadotropin, or hCG, is a hormone produced in the body during pregnancy. An hCG blood test measures the level of hCG detectable in the blood. Dr. G had told us that she wanted to mine to stay below 10 for 6 months. This was to insure that all of the mole was gone before we got pregnant again. On Monday I had my final draw and Dr. G's office call today and told me the great news!

Josh and I are asking for your prayers as we start this journey again. We are a very nervous and scared but have a great trust that the Lord has a plan for us. More than anything Josh and I want to be parents!

After over 7 long months, we can start trying to get pregnant again.

Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

6 comments:

Kates said...

Congratulations on the Good News. Good luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Jon. Come on Baby!!!


Kate from WI

The VanderZwaags said...

Great news!!!!! We pray that God has a plan and that a little bundle will be coming soon!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Annie! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Josh (and ESPN of course:) Hope everything is well! Keep the faith, girl...you are going to be a great Mommy!

Anonymous said...

Anne,
I just want you to know I am praying for you guys. I am excited for you to be a mommy because I know you will be an awesome one. Remember when we would make outfits up for each other to wear to school? Soon enough you will get to dress your little bundle of joy!

Jessica

Jaclyn said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! Wouldn't that be so neat if we ended up pregnant together??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! I'd call you but it's pretty late here, so it's REALLY late there...I'll have to wait 'till tomorrow. Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Let the unprotected sex begin! :)