Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Something I learned




I learned that if you are not satisfied with something, that MOST of the time people want to make things right. I had bought some cascade dish detergent from Target a few months ago when it was on sale and I had a coupon. I love to save money! I did not need to use them until a few weeks ago I always stock up when the deals are good. When I poured it into my dishwasher it was like water, all thin and runny. I thought that was odd I have never had a problem with cascade before. After I had run my dish washer, my dishes did not come out clean at all. I thought that I would try to run it again and maybe I needed to shake it up, well that did not work either. So I tried the other bottle same thing.
I was unsure what to do I looked on the back on the container and there was a 1-800 number to call so I thought I would just call and see what they had to say. I spoke with a very nice man who listened as I told him about how I was disappointed with there product. He asked me to find him the lot number on the back of the bottles. Lucky I had just thrown them in the recycle bin outside. After I read it to him he told me how that a batch had froze over the winter and then when it was shipped to MI it must have thawed and the chemicals separated. He was very sorry for my inconvenience and said he was going to mail me out TWO coupons for free cascade of my choice and size and kind.
Well guess what came in the mail today….? my two coupons for my FREE cascade.
I have always used the liquid, but right now as we speak I am trying the gel packs. If they work that is what I plan to use my coupons on and since I can get any size I am going to get two of the biggest ones I can.
So for me it paid off to tell someone that I was not satisfied!





Have any of you ever got reimbursed for something?

3 comments:

Teri said...

That's awesome! We sort of got our money back for a t.v. when my mom told me to press the issue. Companies want to keep customers happy. Bad news travels fast....as does the news of the company that goes the extra mile!!

STINA said...

I love the gel packs;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,
I have gotten money back for many things including: toothpaste, pringles, fig newtons, crackers, pie crust, just to name a few. I'm a bit dutch and if there is a way to save money I am there!

Jessica