Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our trash is all over Grand Haven

Random story....So Josh and I have been spring cleaning a lot lately. Out with the old, in with the new. Our trash pick up is on Tuesday mornings so yesterday afternoon Josh and I moved everything to the end of the driveway, which was a lot of stuff a pile that was 10ft by 5ft. With in about 15 minutes people were stopping on the side of the road and going trough our trash and taking things. Then two men in a big yellow truck stopped and picked up all the metal that was our there, broken lamp, toaster oven, file cabinet, coffee table legs. The people just kept coming, two hours later the pile was down by half. This morning when I woke up at 6:00am there was almost nothing left. I guess that made it easier on the trash man!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

LOL!!! Too funny! That happens in our neighborhood too...every three months they have "junk pile" pick ups. Whenever it's that time, you always see people drive around in trucks looking for stuff. I myself have not done this yet, however, I have been tempted a few times. haha! I can't help it...I love turning old junk into something fabulous! I'm not sure I'd stop for an old toaster or broken lamp though.

Anonymous said...

My uncle always joked that if you put something out that said "free" no one would take it, but if you put "$10" on it, someone would steal it within the hour. I'm glad you got rid of your spring cleaning stuff one way or the other!